Key Stage 4 Curriculum for Y10 Students 2016/2017
Core Examination Subjects
All students take GCSEs in:
- English Language and English Literature
- Religious Studies
- Science (leading to either 2 or 3 GCSEs)
The Options System
All students have to choose four courses of which at least one must be a Modern Foreign Language (MFL) course and at least one a Humanities course. MGGS students meet the E-Bac standard.
Option Courses Available
- MFL: French, German and Spanish
- Humanities: Geography and History
- Additional Options: Art, Design & Technology (Food Nutrition & Preparation or Product Design or Textiles), Computing, Drama, ICT, Music and PE.
An optional GCSE.
- Completed in 1 year
- Lessons take place one day a week after school – 2 hour lessons
- Student Science attainment marks and attitude to learning used in selection process of those interested.
- PSHE and Citizenship through Focus Days
- Core Physical Education
- Work Related Learning
- Careers Education, Advice, Information and Guidance
For further information please see the KS4 Curriculum Information Booklet
Year 11 GCSE Specifications 2016/2017
|Subject||Exam Board||Specification Code||Information|
|Astronomy||EDEXCEL||2AS01||Extra-curricular one year GCSE – Year 10 only|
|Art & Design (Fine Art)||AQA||4200|
|D&T: Food Technology||AQA||4545|
|D&T: Product Design||AQA||4555|
|Religious Studies||EDEXCEL||2RS01||Full course|