MGGS Sixth Form Open Evening
Thursday, 7th November 2019 – 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Come and find out what makes our Sixth Form such a supportive, enjoyable and successful place to study. Ofsted has judged our Sixth Form to be outstanding in every category. Talk to students, teachers and the Sixth Form Management Team about the exciting curriculum and strong sense of community that awaits students at MGGS. We welcome applications from both male and female students.
149 students sat a total of 450 A level examinations
Over a quarter of all grades were A* or A, with 22 students achieving, 3, 4 or 5 A*/A grades
3% increase in A* – B grades
86% achieved A*- C grades
Students accepted into Oxbridge or Medicine has increased on 2018.
As well as outstanding results students have opportunities in:
- Leadership – Head Students, Subject Prefects & House Leaders
- Employing advanced thinking techniques and developing a healthy Mindset for success
- Our comprehensive and bespoke enrichment programme, Sixth Form Extra
- EPQ and other additional qualifications
- Extensive RSE and citizenship education
- Guidance meetings with our full time independent Careers & Higher Education Co-ordinator & highly experienced Leadership Team
- A broad range of extra-curricular opportunities including Gold Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- Social and cultural experiences through our strong house system and array of trips, events and traditions.
“MGGS Sixth Form allows me to achieve my full potential and encourages me to grasp every opportunity thrown my way with two hands.”
“Classes at MGGS are an amazing space for personal development. The lessons give you food for thought and I often find myself hearing intellectual conversation in study periods. Students discussing homework, debates about the current state of politics, an economist explaining key concept to a politician – learning at MGGS gives you broad scope to seize opportunity.”