Parents & Friends Association
Welcome to the MGGS Parents and Friends Association (PFA).
Most of you will know about the PFA through the various notifications or from past events. However, for the benefit of those parents who are not sure what we do I would like to provide a short introduction to the PFA, highlighting what we do and more importantly what you can do to offer support to the school and its students.
The aim of the PFA is to advance the education of the pupils in the school through:
- The development of more extended relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school.
- Engaging in activities, which support the school and advance the education of the pupils attending and make a difference to the educational experience of pupils at the school now and in the future.
- Providing and assisting in the provision of facilities at the school not normally provided by the local authority.
To enable these activities, the PFA run a variety of fundraising events throughout the year. Equipment purchased in the past and funds raised going forward leave a lasting legacy that would not be possible without the support of the PFA. You can see where our funds have made a difference and will continue to do so when we publish new stories about the work we are doing.
The PFA is keen to encourage more parents to get involved in whatever way you can as this will bring many rewards, least of which is the chance to make a real difference. The PFA is a voluntary organisation, membership of which is open to:
- Parents or guardians of pupils attending the school
- Parents or guardians of ex-pupils of the school
- Ex-pupils of the school
- Ex-members of staff of the school
All members of staff of the school are automatically ex-officio members of the association.
If you are interested in joining the team, helping at any of the forthcoming events or even just providing assistance with refreshments on school consultation evenings then please send us an email. Your help in whatever capacity will be very much appreciated.
If you would like to donate to the work of the Maidstone Grammar School for Girls Parents and Friends Association then please take a look at our Virgin Money Giving page.
Keep up with the latest news and events from the PFA by liking our Facebook page.
MGGS Parents and Friends Association
If you would like to contact the PFA then please use the form below: