Development Trust & Alumni
The role of the DTO has become more prominent over the recent years. With cuts in local and national funding to schools, new ways and methods of fundraising have had to be developed to provide schools, their students and staff, with improved amenities. But, fundraising isn’t the only function of the DTO. The roles are many and are summarised below:
- Create and maintain links with MGGS alumni
- Engage with and use the skills of those alumni
- Respond to projects identified by the governing body that need the input of the DTO to take them forward
- Help maintain the community feel of the school by engaging with current parents and guardians
- Operate closely with the PFA and Old Girls to ensure we all work with the same goal in mind
- Network with local businesses and associations to secure funding for projects.
Join our Alumni Community Database below to keep up to date with:
- MGGS News
- Reunion information
- Opportunities to inspire and mentor our current students
- Fundraising campaigns and more…
We’d also love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com to share your news.
Join the Alumni community to stay in touch with MGGS.
This is our call to action at the beginning of certain capital campaigns. Once we have identified the project and costed it up then the cry of “Find the Funds” will be heard. There are links below to help Find the Funds for specific projects.
If you would like to make an on-going donation to the DTO by way of standing order, please download the form here. An original signature is required on the standing order form, so please print and return it to me. Alternatively, set up the standing order via your online banking and send the completed form back to me so I have the Gift Aid authorisation and record of your giving.
You may like to remember Maidstone Grammar School for Girls in your will. We have been delighted and surprised over the years to be left legacies from our former students. These legacies can be restricted to a particular area of school that you were attached to, or you may be happy to let us use your donation on whichever project we are currently working on.
Major Gift Giving
As the completion of our Sports Hall was drawing to a close, we were thrilled to receive an anonymous and unexpected donation of £80,000. This enabled us to lay the type of flooring that the hall required – a truly 21st century, state of the art finishing touch! We welcome any size of gift for our projects. Your gift will be treated with respect and used according to your instruction – anonymity will be assured if you wish. Please contact the Development Trust Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will arrange to come and see you to discuss your gift giving further.