Required for: from October / November 2019
Contract: Part-Time, Term Time: 39 weeks, 32.5 hours per week 8am to 3pm Monday-Friday and 10 additional days to include GCSE results days and following days to cover Sixth Form enrolment before the start of term 1
Salary: Kent Scheme Salaries 4: £17,498-£18,611 per annum pro rata (equating to £13,306 – £14,153 per annum)
Closing date: 8am on Tuesday, 24th September 2019
Interviews: Friday, 27th September 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and experienced administrator to join the Sixth Form and Main Office Team. The purpose of this post is to support the Sixth Form Management Team in respect of administration tasks as directed by the Assistant Headteacher for KS5 and in liaison with the Main Office Manager. Additional administration responsibilities performed are in respect of Sixth Form Admissions, key school events, safeguarding and ParentMail.
Key areas of the role are:
- To undertake specific administration tasks as directed by the Assistant Headteacher for KS5 and the Sixth Form Management Team.
- To produce the Sixth Form admission documentation in close liaison with the Assistant Headteacher for KS5and the Main Office Manager.
- To take a lead in compiling the Sixth Form Curriculum Book and all other administrative tasks relating to Sixth Form Admissions.
- To participate in the promotion of the Sixth Form to internal and external students.
- To process and administer all external Sixth Form enquiries regarding applications, option choices, keeping records up to date in respect of applications or withdrawals surrounding the admissions processes including SIMS Pre-Admissions Group data input for all external applicants.
- To be the lead administrator in respect of Sixth Form events, for example, Speech Day and Sixth Form Open Events, in liaison with the Main Office Manager, and to attend such events.
- To input Sixth Form admission data into SIMS and the associated filing into student files.
- To manage the Sixth Form student files, collating paperwork and ensuring it is filed appropriately.
- To cover KS5 Attendance administration on an ad-hoc basis in the event of the substantive post holders absence, and assist in all communications relating to punctuality and attendance, including attendance panel meetings.
Maidstone Grammar School for Girls is a very successful selective girls’ school of 1250 students with a mixed Sixth Form of approximately 320. Since July 2019 we have been appointed by the Department for Education as a Computing Hub in recognition of the expertise the school has evidenced in Computing Education, and will take a lead in training teachers across the south east in the delivery of Computing. This post offers the opportunity to work with intellectually able young people in a supportive and friendly environment. Staff benefits include strong support for professional development and a healthcare scheme.
Full details and an application pack are available below. Applicants should complete our application form and email, along with covering letter, to the Headteacher’s PA. If you require any additional information please contact Ms Starns, PA to the Headteacher via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com